There’s nothing worse than installing new window treatments only to have your pets destroy them a day later. Choosing the right pet-friendly window coverings can seem like a daunting task, especially with puppies and kittens. Here’s what you should know:
- Wood blinds are sturdier than vinyl or aluminium and the large slats allow for a viewing area for your pet.
- Vertical blinds can allow pets to easily slip through and they’re not as fun to chew on. They’re better on larger windows, though, or even covering sliding doors.
- Roller shades are another good choice as they don’t have gaps between the slats. This way pets can slip behind them without causing damage.
- Roman shades also work as they can be made without any cords, and are one piece of fabric. So there aren’t any slats to stick heads, paws, or bodies through.
- Generally drapes and curtains are a no go, especially if you have a cat or two. Cats might want to climb up them, and they’ll attract a good deal of pet hair.
The Nu-View Custom Window Treatments team can help you figure out the best options for your windows. Contact us today for more information about the different custom blinds and shades we offer!